Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Still here

The past few days have been filled with lots of activities as a family of five. It had been a whole week since I had seen Jennifer and Mikayla and I was ready to see them! Bill left Omaha Saturday afternoon to drive home. Sunday afternoon, after church, Bill and the big girls packed up and headed to Kelly and I. It was the first time we would all be together, outside of a hospital room.
Sadly this afternoon our three visitors packed up to drive home. Kelly and I are still waiting for our paperwork to pass from state to state so that we can travel home. The days are starting to get long. It has almost been 3 weeks, 19 days if anyone is counting, since I have been at my house. Not only am I ready to be home but I am really ready to get Kelly home. Caring for a baby while trying to live out of a hotel is not ideal. We make Kelly's formula for an entire 24 hours at a time, then just measure it out every four hours, I am ready to be doing all of that in my own kitchen! Doing dishes in the bathroom sink is only fun for so long. I know Kelly can't speak for herself but she is ready to sleep in her crib for the first time.
I would be laying if I didn't say I was a little weepy this afternoon when part of my family went home. Please continue to pray that our paperwork gets handled quickly so that we can all be together again, in the comfort of our home.
On a side note I apologize for no new pictures. My computer has been having issues with the Internet and so I am doing this post on our iPad, which is not allowing me to add pictures. Just wanted everyone to know we are still here!

1 comment:

Hedlund Family said...

Sending prayers, thoughts, and hugs your way!