Sunday, April 14, 2013

the journey

Adoption is a journey. Anyone how has gone through the process would probably say that. From start to finish, it is a journey. It is an exciting, happy, joyful journey but yet it is a hard, painful, emotional journey as well.
Yesterday Jennifer and Mikayla arrived to see their new sister. Jennifer could not have more excited. She wanted to love and hold her new sister. Even this morning Jennifer could not get here fast enough, she just wanted to hold Kelly. Mikayla on the other hand is very confused. She wanted nothing to do with Kelly. She did not want to get too close to her. And she didn't want a whole lot to do with me. When they walked in yesterday I was holding Kelly and I think she wondered what in the heck I was doing. Her sweet little heart and mind are processing a lot. But it is hard for me as her mom, especially when later in the day she wanted nothing to do with me. I have missed my girls horribly since Thursday and it was great to see them. But it was even harder this afternoon to say good-bye. Bill walked them down with my parents to the vehicle but I had to stay back, pretty sure I would have cried the whole way. I want to be here with Kelly, caring for her but yet I want to be at home too, giving my bigger girls some normalcy. My heart is torn in two. This is part of the journey. Part of the journey that we knew would be hard and difficult. This is part that I knew would bring tears to my eyes and keep my mind up at night. It is a part of the journey that we have to face and have to walk, taking it one step at a time. And in it ALL I know that God has us, all five of us, no matter where we are or who is caring for us, He has it ALL. And all though the journey is hard at times and breaks my heart in two, we would hate to not walk this journey because we know without a doubt that this is right where God wants us to be.

My mom took Jennifer to the store so she could pick out a gift for Kelly. She was so very excited to bring it to her. She of course opened it and then "showed" Kelly what she had brought. Very sweet to watch her excitement and joy of giving her sister a gift.



The one thing Jennifer had on her mind this morning was holding her sister. We got her all set up and snuggled in. It was pretty sweet. When I tried to move Kelly's head I was informed, "Go away mom, I got her." She is going to take great care of her sister!
 She kept kissing her forehead and whispering, "I loves you, I loves you." (Yes I wrote an "s" on the end of love, that is how she says and sorry to my friend Sara who does speech with her but I don't really want that to change any time soon!)
 This was about as close as Mikayla wanted to get. She just wanted Kelly in her bed to sleep. She did reach in and touch real quick.
 Bill, "Kayla do you want to see the baby?"
Kayla: "NOOOOOO!"
 We tried for a quick picture of the 3 girls together, not so much. Kayla wanted out of there as quickly as possible!
 The girls are on their way back to mama and papa's for the night. Tomorrow afternoon Bill will head home to spend the rest of the week with them. They need a little normalcy in this whole process. As for now Bill is snuggled in with Kelly just relaxing. Praying that soon enough we will all be home together and these days in our journey are just a memory.

No comments: