Tuesday, April 16, 2013

another day down

Sorry for lagging behind on the updates. It is surprising how quickly the time passes when you aren't really doing anything. I guess I wouldn't say I'm not doing anything though, I have been spending lots of time snuggling with Kelly.
There is really no news to report as far as health issues go. Kelly has pooped a couple of times, which is really good. It means things are starting to work after surgery. For those of you interested in medical stuff, Kelly had Duodenal Atresia, or double bubble. Double bubble is much easier to say, ask me at any given moment and I will probably not be able to pronounce Duodenal Atresia the right way. Basically that means there was a block between her stomach and small bowel. If they do not fix it she cannot eat because she would just throw everything up. Kelly still has a suction tube in her mouth, which is sucking out junk from her stomach. We need that to lessen and become more clear in color before they will take that out. It is looking better tonight. Friday they will do a contrast studying on her to see if everything is working properly and they will decide if she can eat or not. The poor girl is starting to realizing she is hungry. She was sucking on the tube in her mouth today and frustrated nothing was happening. So medically we just find ourselves waiting, with the next few days probably just being the same.
On top of caring for a sick new baby we are also walking the adoption road. Yesterday I found myself simply exhausted, I had not done anything all day but just beat. I am realizing that there is just a lot happening with not only a sick baby but with adoption. So we just continue to take it day by day, or hour by hour sometimes, knowing that it will all work itself out.
Bill went home yesterday afternoon so the girls could have some normalcy in their lives. It is hard to have them almost five hours away while I am here. I don't like being away from my girls and I hate even more being away from my husband. But for a time this is just how it needs to be and there is a peace that comes with that.
Bill's mom came yesterday morning to see Kelly. (She was also Bill's ride back home!)
 In case you are wondering, this is not what this is suppose to look like. Kelly has a lot going on with tubes, iv's and leads she is hooked up to. After moving her from her bed to the chair and back to her bed, this is the mess I am left with. I just put the side up on the bed and let the nurses untangle it all.
 The nurse this morning decided that Kelly needed some clothes on so she found this cute little onesie for her to wear. Kelly was awake a lot more today, which was fun. She just trying to check everything out that was happening around her. 


After being awake for almost an hour the sweet girl needed a little rest. 
  It is getting late so I better spend a few more minutes snuggling with my sweet girl before calling it a night!

1 comment:

Hedlund Family said...

Love all the blogs! She is so adorable! You hang in there and keep loving on little Kelly and your big girls will be fine at home with dad even though you must miss all of them terribly! So happy that jen is so excited!!! Not surprised!!! I'm sure Kayla girl will be fine once her new sister gets home! I am so excited to meet Kelly and I pray that the next couple of weeks go as smoothly as possible for you and Bill and all of your girls!!!