Monday, May 6, 2013

HOME

Okay so this is a little overdue but Friday afternoon we got the call we had been waiting all week for... The call that we could finally bring Kelly home!!! What an amazing phone call to receive, what a great feeling to get into the van and start driving towards home. I must admit it was a little weird walking into my house after being gone for three weeks, great but weird. When we started out on April 11th I don't think we ever imagined that it would take 23 days for our family of five to be together at home.
Jennifer and Mikayla were very excited to have Kelly and I home again. I think Mikayla was excited because everyone around her was excited but Jennifer, she was over the top excited. "Mom, my baby Kelly come home!" She was very excited to finally have her sister home.
We have been catching up on some serious family time since arriving back home. Jennifer wants to be by Kelly almost all of the time. Even when watching a movie, she wanted Kelly to sit beside her.
 Kelly getting her first bath at home. She was not a huge fan of it. Jennifer of course wanted to be a helper, Mikayla is no were to be seen, that is because her sister was crying so she was as far away as possible. Mikayla is not a fan of crying babies, including her own baby sister.
 Sunday afternoon my family came to visit. They just couldn't stay away! Aunt Amy got lots of snuggle time in with little Miss Kelly.
Papa even got a few minutes of snuggle time with Kelly. This is kind of rare for Papa, he is usually being summoned to play. 
 Thankfully all the snow had melted and ended up being a great day to play outside. (I was amazed at how much snow I came home to! It is May after all, I should not have seen any snow.)
 Jennifer's birthday is coming up and so she got an early birthday present. Which of course she thought was pretty great!

Mama and Papa even brought cupcakes for everyone. (Not just any cupcakes but my favorite cupcakes from Scratch!)
 A picture of all the cousins together. 

 Jennifer and her baby Kelly. She does love her!
 All my girls together, at home, at last!

 We have only been home a few days and we are starting to settle into our new normal. I have had lots of people ask if we are getting back into our routine. I was thinking we were doing good until this afternoon when I forgot to take Jennifer to speech after school! I guess I am not doing as good I thought. It is going to take a little longer to get back into the routine than I thought. We are just happy to all be home, under the same roof, the routine and new normal will come, eventually....

No comments: