Thursday, April 30, 2009

Believing God

A few months I started a Bible study with several other ladies from the church. The study was called "Believing God". It was a ten week study, with a video and homework to do each week. It was a wonderful study and I of course learned a ton. I have to smile when I think about it because I actually started the study four years when I was pregnant with Jennifer. I only got about three weeks in and then J was born so I never finished. I found it funny that four years later I found myself waiting for a baby and doing this study again. God's timing is amazing! Anyway, we finished the study the week that Caleb was born. A friend called me a few days ago and said she had just watched the final video (she had missed the last night a few weeks ago). She said she cried through most of it and wondered if I had watched it. I said yes but couldn't remember a lot of it, a lot has gone on since I watched it. So today I grabbed my "workbook" and looked at session ten again. I was amazed at God again, He knows exactly what we (I) need and exactly when we (I) need it. I read over my notes and the fill in the blank answers, just what I needed for today.
-God wants to write our testimony- He is in the process of writing something big for Bill and I right now
-God is not looking for perfection, He is looking for faith- I am far, far from perfect, I will be the first to admit it! How sweet to know that God does not expect me to be perfect, He simply wants me to live for Him, trust in Him, obey Him. Only Jesus was without sin, I will never get there!
-Don't stop believing or I will miss so much- In these days, as hard as some are, I don't want to miss what God has in store, what He has to teach me, to show me. I will keep believing Him because I don't want to miss a thing.
-God's will always has purpose- We may not know what that purpose is yet but there is a purpose, there is reason for these days. Always, what an amazing word when it comes from God.
-We will see His glory- John 11:40 says that if we believe we will see the glory of God. I believe that God will use all that is happening to bring glory unto Himself.
-Faith is putting it all out there, pour everything out to the last drop-
-Christ is standing by, God loves, God is strong-
I stand in amazement of God that I watched a video over three weeks ago and wrote some words on a piece of paper that I would need to read again weeks later.
Bill will be home tomorrow afternoon, hooray. Jennifer has been asking for dad and I just need to see him. It will be good to home together as a family again.

No comments: