Sunday, April 19, 2009

No visits

Yesterday day when I wrote our blog I have to admit I was trying to talk on the phone, write our blog, get pictures on the computer, lots of stuff going on.  So I apologize for not writing much and for any misspelled words or bad grammar.  Bill usually gives me a bad time about all that so just know over the next weeks my message might not be perfect but I'm not perfect so you will just have to live with it!On to our sweet baby... We got to spend some time with him in the nursery early yesterday afternoon.  Bill and I spent time just holding him and loving him up.  It was sweet.  He was pretty much awake for us the whole time, as we went to leave he was drifting off to sleep.  Since that visit we have not been to the hospital.  We got a call from our social worker saying that the baby was having a hard time keeping his temperature up so he was under the warmers.  He was not going to be able to have any visitors for the rest of the day.  So right now we are waiting to hear from the birth mom to find out when the baby can be held again.  It may sound strange that we are not at the hospital all the time and able to be with the baby but that is a long story that sometime in the next weeks I will share more details about.  Right now we are simply doing the things we need to do to get through the hospital stay.  Yesterday was a very long emotional day for us and today is a new day, it is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today.  A sweet friend emailed us last night with that great reminder, each day will be better than the day before.  We are hoping a few hours to get to go the hospital and spend some time with our baby.  We will be sure to take some pictures and post them for everyone to see.
As I was reading my Bible yesterday afternoon these verses popped out at me...
But he (Jesus) said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made
 perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Bill just talked to the birth mom and it sounds like we will be going later this afternoon to feed the baby so we will post pictures later!  Thanks for continuing to pray for our family!

No comments: