Friday, August 16, 2013

off to surgery

We were up bright and early again this morning. Kelly girl has really been amazing! She had nothing to eat since mid-night and I woke her up at 5:45 and girlfriend was full of smiles. She was a happy girl in the pre-op room and eventually snuggled up on Bill and went to sleep. They came and got her about 7:30 and surgery officially started at 9:08. Surgery will be about 3 hours so it will be about 12 before she is done. I will try to post later today about how everything went and how Kelly girl is doing. Thanks again to everyone for praying for our sweet girl. I opened my Bible a few minutes to the Psalm's and started flipping through pages. This was what my eyes landed on first: Psalm 28:7- The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. And then I flipped a pages and read this: Psalm 62:5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. v. 8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. I love how God put those words in front of me this morning! In days like this we expect and hope for everything to go well it is far more important for me to remember that God is my refuge and strength and my heat trusts in the One who formed and created sweet Kelly.
Sweet girl sleeping this morning. I had to take a picture of her sleeping so soundly, no idea of what the day is about to bring her way.
We had to take one last picture of her pre-heart surgery.
Last night Kelly was so smiling so much. So of course I was trying to capture some of her big, sweet smiles. However every time I got the camera ready she would look at me as if to say, "Seriously mom that thing again, I will not smile for you now!" So here was as close as I got, plus the picture on top, which I love- you just have to ignore the black corner, which probably my finger I won't lie.



No comments: