Saturday, July 25, 2009

together for the weekend

What a long week, that's all I can say. I was really hoping to be home by now but no such luck. After Bill and I both making phone calls and trying to find something out we found nothing out. What a long emotional process that I am ready to be done with. I was sort of at the end of rope yesterday. I was a mess. I had three sweet friends call to chat and see how I was and I ended up crying as I was on the phone with each of them. I just wanted to go home. Bill and Jennifer had some crazy days and it was killing not being able to be home. As I talked to Bill through out the week my eyes would fill with tears, I needed to be home! Some of you may be wondering what we are waiting for. Here's the deal... Mikayla is still technically "property", for a lack of a better work, of the state of Wisconsin. We are waiting for the state of Iowa to sing papers saying that Mikayla is our (Bill and I) property. Once they have signed those papers then we can cross the border and go home. We were under the impression that the process would only take about a week, well of course the process is taking longer than expected. The people at our adoption agency have been sweet to try and figure out what is going on but really it is not up to them and they can't speed things along, as much as they want to speed them up for our sake. So we continue to wait.
Bill and Jennifer got up this morning and traveled to Wisconsin to be with Mikayla and I for the
weekend. We all really needed to see each other. I am very grateful that Bill is able to come be with us for the weekend. My aunt and uncle arrived at the trailer (where I have been staying all week) last night so today we headed to the river with them for a little relaxing time. Jennifer had fun playing and Mikayla got spoiled by all the sweet people. Here are a few pictures of our fun day!
Lot of playing in the sand today. Jennifer's swimming suit was a mess when we left the beach today! Sand, sand everywhere!
Jennifer got to go for a jet-ski ride with aunt Jen! She was a little unsure at first but once they got going she kind of liked it. After the crazy week J just had she is a little unsure of a lot right now, I can't blame her though. It took her a little while today to warm up to everything that was going on.

Mikayla enjoyed her time on the beach as well!! This was the only time she was not being held while we were at the beach. She is a little tired tonight from being outside all day, she is going to sleep well tonight!
This picture is not from today but I had to include it! My mom got Jennifer these sunglasses and of course J was all about them. Before she left for home on Tuesday afternoon I wanted to take the girls' picture together and Jennifer of course thought she needed the glasses on!

No comments: