Thursday, September 9, 2010

saved pictures!

Something tragic happened over the weekend, ok maybe tragic is too strong of a word but it was something that made me a little nervous none the less. I dropped our camera, in some water. Lets just say I had just used the restroom when I heard I loud noise, my camera had been in a pocket and well you can guess the rest. Luckily I had flushed so no worries there! But I cringed, our camera was done for. I quickly took out the battery and the memory card. I wanted to scream at myself. When I told Bill about it later he simply laughed! We decided maybe there was some hope for the camera. A few years ago Jennifer decided that the bottom of a cup filled with water was a great place for my cell phone. After letting it dry for a few days and charging it up it came back. So I was clinging to that, maybe the camera would come back. Really I was just sad because there were pictures on the memory card that could be lost forever. After a few days of drying out and charging the battery, woo-hoo our camera came back!
So here are some of the pictures that I thought were lost...
Last weekend we went to my grandparents to celebrate my dad and brother's birthday. Here is Jennifer "loving" her cousins. She looks like she is being really rough but I promise they were laughing at this!
All the kids blowing out the candles with the birthday boys. It is hard to see but if you look closely at Mikayla she has this face like she is about ready to scream, everyone was being a bit loud and she wasn't digging it so much.This picture followed the one from above. Daddy rescued Mikayla from the crazy big kids.All the great-grand kids with the great-grandparents. Trying to get these four kids to all look at the camera, forget the smiling just them all looking is hard enough!


Once again Mikayla could not make it through lunch time. There is still a pea in her mouth.
This picture may just seem like an ordinary picture of Mikayla. However, it represents all that she can do right now! She has accomplished sitting up on her own, finally! And she is now crawling everywhere in our house, everywhere. Just a month ago Mikayla was only crawling a little bit and she was just figuring out how to push herself back to sitting from laying on the floor. She is now a pro at both, very fun to watch her! We have had lots of people ask us if she is walking and I have to be careful not to laugh out loud. The sweet girl has no interest in standing up, although the past couple of days she has seemed like she wants to pull herself up a couple of different times. Someday, maybe before she is two, she will get there. Her timing, her timing.
School has started, which means football has started too. Here are the girls before we head off to the first home game a few weeks ago. Mikayla is clearly not impressed with this, Jennifer however was very excited. A place where she gets to eat popcorn and suckers and see all her friends, how great is that! She is still however not a big fan of the band. We were hoping this year she would overcome this fear, no such luck yet, maybe the next game will be better.
Ready to cheer on the Comets!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

So glad your camera & pix were saved! My mom dropped her cell phone in water several months ago - hers was saved too - putting it in rice I believe, to suck out the water.

Maybe try a neck camera strap - I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine.