Wednesday, September 8, 2010

proud of you!

When Jennifer gets home from preschool in the afternoon she sort of needs a little time to just veg out. Usually this means she wants to watch some tv. Yes I admit it I let her come home and veg in front of the tv for a little bit. Lately Jen's big thing has been watching something on the wii. We decided to get netflix a few months ago and one of the features is watching movies on the wii. It really is a great feature, especially for kids stuff! So today when we got home from school I was getting her set up to watch some Barney on the wii, yes I hate to admit she still likes to watch the purple guy! At first it wasn't working because our internet was acting up. So I worked at getting it fixed so Jen could watch something. The whole time I'm trying to get it to work Jen is cheering me on with these words, "Mom, is it working? You fix it? Good job mom. I'm proud of you! I'm proud of you! Give me a hug." She then proceeded to wrap her arms around me and give me a huge hug and told me several times, "I'm proud of you!" I have no idea where this phrase came from but it sure did boost my attitude today. Leave it to my five year old to make me feel like I could do anything!
This is one of those things I just have to write down because it made me laugh and question the choices Jennifer may make in the future. On Wednesday afternoons our friend Jenny comes to hang out with Jen while Mikayla and I go to the church to help Bill get ready for the nights activities. Today Jenny took Jen to the park to play before coming to the church. There was a lady at the park smoking. First of all really? Did she have to be smoking at the park, where kids play? (Sorry if you smoke and I just offended you but I don't like smoking and well its my blog!) Jennifer, of course, notices the lady and goes up to her and says "Me too!" Yes, she was thinking that she needed what this lady had! Jenny of course handles the situation very well and just tells Jen that is not for her and gets her to go play. How does one not offend in this situation because I would have probably said, without thinking, "Oh no, that is gross, we don't ever do that!" Which probably would have gotten me yelled at or slapped. Guess I'm glad Jenny had to handle it and not me! And Bill made a valid point that we may need to watch Jen in the future with the choices she makes!
The things a five year old will come up with, gotta love it!

No comments: