Thursday, September 23, 2010

best friend

Tonight as I was giving the girls a bath Jennifer said something that melted my heart and probably will not be said too many times so I thought I should document it! Both the girls were in the bath and I was taking Mikayla out. I told Jennifer I would get Mikayla's pj's on and then get her out. Jennifer's response: "Ok, mom, you my best friend." I of course had to clarify: "Did you say mom is your best friend?" Jennifer: "Yes, best friend." Oh, I so love that. I don't she really gets what a best friend is but how very sweet of her to say it! As I was helping her get her pj's on we were talking and when we were done she gave me a hug and again said, "My best friend." So for today J and I were best friends, which kind of makes my day.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yes very sweet, and an awesome thing for a mom to hear!