Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1st grade

Today it was back to school. Jennifer was very excited about going off to first grade. I must admit I am glad that she was so excited because I was not ready for today, I would have liked summer to last a few more weeks and it is just plan hard sending her back to school. Bill dropped her off and said she did great! So now I am just waiting for three o'clock so I can go get her and hear all about the first day! It is kind of quiet around here with just Mikayla home. We miss Jennifer!
All smiles before heading out the door. (Yes, we are trying to be crafty with the picture. We saw this idea on the internet and so thought we would give it a try. Jennifer is holding her picture from kindergarten and we will continue to have her hold her picture from the year before each school year. That way when she is senior in high school we will have a picture of her from every year in one picture! It will be fun if it works.)

 Mikayla was kind of sad to see Jennifer go this morning. Okay not sure if she was sad to see Jennifer go or if she was just sad that she wasn't going to school. Yesterday at Jennifer's conferences Mikayla walked around school saying, "Me, me." She is really excited about going to school. Tomorrow we go for a visit to preschool with Mikayla, she is very excited!
Happy First Day of School Everyone!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I LOVE this idea! I want to try to do it with Jessica, since Joanna is already into her 2nd year of preschool. What did you do for the first year of preschool?