Tuesday, January 12, 2010

field trip

Yesterday was Jennifer's first official field trip! (Tears welling up in my eyes, seriously she is growing up to fast, her first field trip already!) A sweet friend of ours stayed with Mikayla so I was able to got with Jennifer on the field trip. I was very happy that I was able to share this experience with her. The most exciting part of the day was getting to ride the school bus. Whenever we see a bus Jennifer wants to ride it, "A bus, I ride, I ride!" As we drove to school the only thing Jennifer wanted was to ride the bus and make sure I was coming with her. She had the whole nervous, yet excited thing going on, it was very sweet. Jennifer would have ran to the bus but I was holding her hand so she couldn't quite run. The preschool went to see a play and Jennifer did fairly well for an hour of sitting. After the play Jen was just as excited to get back on the bus! It is funny how a four year old can be so very excited to ride a bus and as grown ups we really could care less about riding the bus for an hour. It is a great reminder once again to enjoy the little things in life, to appreciate the new, yet simple pleasures that we may get to experience. What an exciting day for Jennifer, the only bad part is that tomorrow there will be no bus at school to ride, her teachers could be in for an interesting drop off!

No comments: