Wednesday, October 14, 2009

post surgery pics

You look at Mikayla and wonder if she even had surgery a few days ago...
Then you realize oh, yes she did...

I must admit I do love this last picture. Notice her thumb in her mouth, her favorite thing really and could her smile be any sweeter?! I look at her smile and my heart melts, then I look down and see her little chest and my heart breaks for my little girl. She is one tough girl!
It has been wonderful to be home today. Mikayla is doing fairly well. She has her moments where she just cries but then again I think I would too if I had just been through what she has been through. She is eating well and has been sleepy this evening. Her poor little tummy is still kind of messed up so we are praying for gas and poop (I know kind of funny but its the truth). I am off to snuggle with Mikayla for a few minutes and then it is off to bed for both of us.

1 comment:

The Bergmans said...

She is such a cutie!! Adorable pictures, even with her battle wounds. She looks like she is one tough little girl. So glad to hear you are home. Thinking of you all and hope for GREAT days to come :) Take care!

Love,
The Bergmans