Friday, October 9, 2009

off to surgery

We left our sweet baby girl about an hour ago and she was off to get sedated. Once she is sedated they will put all her "lines" in and then they will start surgery. They said they could take up to two hours from when we left her so we are hoping about ten o'clock that the surgery will start.
Although we have a peace about the surgery that Mikayla will soon receive there is just something about holding your small child in your arms and knowing that they are about to break open her check and begin working on her little body. It was kind of overwhelming handing her over to the nurse. Mikayla is in excellent hands yet it is hard. The doctors I think her procedure is fairly routine, as far as heart stuff goes yet as a parent it is my baby girl they are going to work on. It is also hard for us to let her go because it feels as though we just got her home, it was just four short months ago that we found out we were going to get to be the forever family for Mikayla.
As I was praying early this week I kept finding myself telling God that I trust in His plan and will and I trust in His might power. As I woke up this morning I found myself praying that again. I trust in God's plan for Mikayla's life, I trust in His will and I trust in His might power, that He is holding our sweet girl today.
A friend emailed me this verse this morning:
Isaiah 49:16 "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands"
God not only created Mikayla but now she is engraved on the palms of his hands, I love the picture of that! We are resting in His power this morning...
I will update when we hear more

1 comment:

Ellen Stumbo said...

We are praying. Hugs to you friends.