Tuesday, October 13, 2009

home!

Mikayla got to come home today!! Hooray! When I got to the hospital this morning the nurse seemed to think that she would be able to go home but we didn't find out until the surgeon's assistance came in and started giving me lots of stuff, which meant we were going home. What a great feeling to get back home. Mikayla was once again a trooper getting ready for the trip home and on the way home. She was a little fussy this afternoon once we got home but that is to be expected. It truly is hard to believe that she just had surgery five days ago. She is a super-star!! We are giving all the glory to God because He is the Great Healer, without his hand on her little life this would not be possible. We have to go back next week for a check-up but other than that life kind of goes on as normal. Mikayla needs to stay away from sickness for now, which may be hard when Jennifer has a little cold but we will have to try our hardest. We are rejoicing in the fact that we all get to be home together once again. I will try to post pictures of Mikayla's battle scars soon. To simply look at her you would almost not know she had surgery five days ago but once you look closely you can see the top of her scar.
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2

No comments: