Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas tree

Jennifer was very excited to put the tree up once again this year. I must admit I sort of stand back and let Jen and Bill do their thing with the tree. Simply because I love to watch them.
Putting the tree together.
Getting the top on. Jennifer wanted to pretty much do everything this year and so she did pretty everything.
Even Mikayla got in on the fun this year. Last year at this time she wasn't even sitting up, this year she is every where!
Maybe I will pick this branch to go on next!
Making sure the tree skirt is where it needs to be.
Jennifer put almost all the decorations on the tree, by herself. Bill put a few up top and helped Jen get a few on but otherwise our tree was completely decorated by Jennifer and I love it!
Mikayla just tried to eat the decorations so she didn't really get to help with that part.
Our finished product. If you could see the one side of the tree you would notice there are no ornaments and that is because Jennifer focused mainly on the front of the tree.
I took this picture the day after the tree was up and if you look at it today it may look a little different. Jennifer takes the ornaments off every now and then and puts them back in different places. Makes me laugh. Today she took off an ornament from her first year in preschool, she was three. There is a picture of her on it, she brought me the ornament and said, "Mom, look Jennifer, baby, baby Jennifer." Made me laugh, she does look a lot smaller in that picture. I love that she is so excited about the little things of Christmas.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Very sweet. Jessica is at the eating the ornament stage too.

Hedlund Family said...

It looks great! Tell Jennifer her tree looks great. The boys are jealous because I won't even let them touch ours!!!!