Monday, November 1, 2010

one of those days

Today was well, just one of those days. On days like this Bill will often sign to me, "Mama said there would be days like this..." You all know what song I'm talking about! The funny thing is that it makes me smile every time! This morning, really early, Bill was off for week two of school. Which means it is week two for the girls and I without dad. The morning started off fairly well but by the middle of the afternoon I was ready to crawl into a hole and stay a while!
Jennifer had OT today (occupational therapy) and well she just really didn't want to go. So when the therapist came to take Jen, well lets just say it was a little ugly. Of course there are other people sitting in the lobby watching my child throw a little, ok maybe not so little, fit. Oh, isn't that just so much fun? It really is hard to try and scold your child with other people watching. At this moment I really needed a hole to crawl into. There was one mom sitting there, watching this lovely event unfold, and oh I wish I would have known what was going through her mind. A few moments later it was her daughters turn to go back with her therapist and like the perfect child she smiled to her mom and walked back all nicely. I think maybe I will just stay in my hole a little longer and scream, is what was going through my head. Oh the joys of parenting, oh the joys of parenting when daddy is gone for two weeks!
I may be in my little hole a lot this week if anyone wants to join me!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I SO understand! Our family can't go to evening church on Sundays because there is no nursery, and the girls just won't behave. Jessica screeches because she has no words and gets frustrated. Joanna is just prime 2-yr old attitude (red hair doesn't help either).