Wednesday, October 20, 2010

making cookies

I have mentioned before that Jennifer really loves cooking. If we are doing anything in the kitchen Jennifer wants to help. The other day she really wanted to make cookies. In fact she would not let it go. I would try to get to play a game, color or pick something to do. All she wanted to do was make cookies. I kept telling her no, she kept asking, finally she just went to the kitchen, got into the cupboard and pulled out the big bowl that we make cookies in. She brought it me and said, "Make cookies, come on mom!" So of course I gave in and we made cookies.
I decided it was time for Mikayla to get to join in on the fun. So she got to lick a beater too! She thought it was pretty great!

Once Jennifer had licked all the dough off her beater she tired to take Mikayla's. Of course Mikayla was not having any of that. So Jennifer just went and got more dough! It may be a little hard to see but there is a big glop of dough on that beater!
I quickly took the beater away and so the next best thing was to just eat the dough right out the bowl, a big finger full would have been perfect for her. Again I had to put a stop to this. I do wonder where she gets these crazy ideas?!
We got a new fridge over the weekend and not sure why Bill thought the girls needed to sit on the old fridge but it is kind of a cute picture. Never fear I was standing close by in case one of them decided to jump off!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Joanna likes to help in the kitchen too. She likes to count when I put in something by measuring cups, even if it is only to the count of one! Glad she is learning a love of cooking.