Sunday, August 29, 2010

school days

Last week started off on not such a great note with Jennifer burning her eyes. Once again I was thankful that she had not started school yet. By the first day of school, on Friday, Jennifer was back to normal and ready to go! It is Jennifer's third year of preschool. She will be going five days a week and will have a little longer day than preschool last year. She even gets to eat lunch at school, in the lunchroom! This is going to be a great transition for kindergarten next year, for her and me! I must admit I was a little weepy leaving her Friday morning, not sure what I'm going to do next year when she is gone all day. Not sure why as moms we get emotional about our kids going to school?!
Of course I thought we needed a picture of the girls together, really as we were rushing out the door, did I not know it wasn't going to work. Jennifer was trying to get Mikayla to look, Jennifer was clapping at Mikayla, which made Mikayla start clapping, our sign was blowing away in the wind, something more interesting caught Mikayla's eye, sigh. Oh well I had to try.
Here's to a great year of preschool!


1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'll go through it next year too. I like the sign idea. How did you make it so nice?