Sunday, May 9, 2010

5 years old!!

Today Jennifer is 5!! I'm sure I say it every year about her age, but it really is hard to believe that my baby is five today. Five seems so old to me or maybe it means that I am getting older too. Jennifer has been all about her birthday for oh, the past two months! Each time a birthday is mentioned she thinks it should be her birthday. So needless to say she was very, very excited to have people celebrate her!
Jennifer got to help make her birthday cake, she loves helping in the kitchen, so how great to make her own cake! Lots and lots of Toy Story presents!
One of the things I love most about Jennifer is her excitement for literally everything. We found some Toy Story band-aids and so of course we wrapped them up for her as a present. A five year old excited about band-aids you ask? Yes, she was, I love it!
What could it be? I love her face!
Jessie boots!!! How cute are these?!
Here is my cowgirl, in her Jessie boots and Jessie hat! (The outfit is a little silly I must admit but that's ok, she was so very excited!)
A big girl fishing pole so she can go fishing with her papa (and dad) on vacation next month! And the boots are still on! I would not be surprised if they made it fishing on vacation, we will see!
A cake with Toy Story characters on it! She loved licking the frosting off the bottom of them.
What a fun day Jen had with her family (the ones that could make it anyway), it was after all, all about her! Today was pretty great too, because she got to wear her new boots to church and some sweet friends came over this evening and we sort of had another party, to Jen anyway.

Five years ago today our lives were flipped upside down when this sweet little baby entered our world. I don't think I ever could have imagined what God had in store for us when we became parents. Five years later I am so very grateful for all that God had and has in store for us!
Happy Birthday to my sweet Sister Michelle, I cannot wait to see how you make us smile over the next five years!!

No comments: