Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Sparkles Cheerleaders

A few months ago someone told us about a cheerleading program that was at UNI. It was a squad for kids with special needs. Each child was paired with a mentor, they had practices and then got to perform at some football and basketball games through out the seasons. This particular squad had a waiting list but there was talk of another squad starting up at Wartburg College. So we inquired and a few months ago the girls started practice! (There are Sparkle squads all over the country, it is a very cool thing. Check out The Sparkle Effect to find out more. The story of how it started is sweet.)
Saturday night was the girls' first performance! 
They did so great! We had a blast watching them and they had a great time showing everyone their stuff. I think Jennifer was smiling the rest of the night.





 The Wartburg Sparkles!!
 Mikayla with her mentors. (Sadly I didn't get a picture of Jennifer with her mentors but a friend who was there was able to get one so I will have to get a picture from her!)
 Our sweet friend Rylee came to watch the girls. 
 I have a video of the girls but of course it is not working so I will have to keep trying!

1 comment:

Akina Scarves said...

Take a tour to my blog
akinascarves.blogspot.my

may it have benefit for you :)