Monday, October 10, 2011

a shiner & crazy clothes

Bill decided that he would join Jennifer at school Friday for lunch and recess. Then the school was going to go for a walk so Bill stuck around for that as well. When Bill got home from his activities at the school the first thing I noticed was that he was holding Jennifer's glasses. So of course I inquire about this fact. He held them out for me to see, the one side was bent and scratched up. "Oh no, what happened?" was my response. "If her glasses look like this, what do you think her face looks like?" was his response.
There was a collision, followed by a pile up on the ground and Jennifer happened to be on the bottom of the pile. Bill said Jennifer instantly started crying and if you know Jennifer it takes a lot for her to just cry so Bill knew she was hurt. I didn't take the pictures until the next day and she looked a ton better then the day it happened! She does have some bruises on and around her eye. She was a trooper though and has done well.


And today as she walked out of the house for school I was having a hard time breathing. Really was I letting my child go to school dressed like this?!
I was, it was killing me! But the kindergartners have been talking about patterns and today was pattern day. The kids were suppose to wear as many patterns as possible, even if that meant being mismatched! So we went all out everything from her hair-ties to her shoes had a pattern on it. Jennifer thought it was silly and loved it so that was all that mattered!

Before Jennifer got her fun socks on Mikayla thought she should try them on.
This girl has been a ham lately!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I feel the same way some days, when Joanna wants to dress herself in two patterns that SO clash. Sometimes I give in and sometimes I don't.

Hedlund Family said...

What a tough kid!!! Glad she survived the "pile up!" And I love the patterned outfit! (I was hoping you had a good reason for sending her to school in those clothes!!! Just kidding;)