Tuesday, May 24, 2011

birthday party

Last weekend was filled with parties! On Saturday we were off to help my youngest cousin celebrate graduating from high school. I must admit it reminds me that I'm getting older (not always a fun felling), I remember when Austin was Mikayla's age!
Then Sunday it was time for a birthday party, for both the girls!
Of course when it comes to the girl's and their birthdays there is no shortage of presents!
A fun craft box, just in time for summer.
Once again Mikayla didn't really care about opening presents at first. When she did take the time to check one out it was pretty cute.
Check out the new sunglasses!
An Easy Bake Oven! I had one of these as a kid and now Jennifer gets to have one. She is going to love making treats in it.
After opening these for her new oven Jennifer walked around asking everyone if they wanted cookies or cake, she asked everyone about five times before moving on to another present, like I said she is going to love this!
Mikayla taking her sweet time.
A new pair of shoes, I love that she is trying to put them on. Although she would prefer to not wear shoes it is cute that she wanted to try!
My cowgirl in a new hat!
Taking some time to play in a box. Really open more presents, why?
I suppose if I have to see what's in here I will.
We are a little behind the times but Jennifer is in love with High School Musical. If you ask her who her best friend is she will often tell you several of the people from this movie, she is kind of funny about it. We have seen all three but only own the first one so for she was pretty excited to open up 2 and 3. There was jumping up and down and yelling! Oh the excitement!
Time to sing Happy Birthday to the girls. Another one of Jennifer's favorite things.
Mikayla getting to enjoy a little bit of cake and ice cream.
She is such a good sharer!
Thanks to all our sweet family for making the girls' birthday party a fun day. They are very lucky to have so many wonderful people who love them dearly.

No comments: