Monday, May 9, 2011

6 years old

I had this posted once already and well it disappeared! Something was wrong with blogger and so I lost the post. So I will try, try again!

Today was an exciting for Jennifer, she turned 6!! We have been talking about it for weeks, the big birthday. If Jennifer would have had her way she would have had about six birthdays in the past month! Today was kind of a busy day so we celebrated her birthday a little yesterday.

I love that she had to help make her birthday cake! I do think she really only likes to help so that she can lick the beaters when we are done.
After church we headed to our favorite local restaurant. We went to celebrate Mother's Day and Jennifer's birthday (let's be honest it was really more for Jennifer's birthday than it was for me). As much as it embarrassed Bill and I we decided to have them sing to Jennifer for her birthday. She of course loved it! She also got to wear a very stylish hat and got ice cream.

Later in the afternoon some friends stopped by to help us celebrate Jennifer's birthday. She was so very excited to have some of her favorite people come over and celebrate with her. When we set the cake on the table, she climbed up on the chair and said, "Ok everybody sing Happy Birthday to me!"
Jennifer with some of her favorite people ever! These sweet kids are amazing with Jennifer (and Mikayla) and she loves, loves them!

Today we had a few presents for Jen to open. I'm pretty sure I say it all the time but I do love that it doesn't matter what she opens she is excited for anything.


A birthday picture with one more of her favorite people, dad!
All in all I think Jennifer thought her birthday was pretty great!
I know everyone says it all the time during birthdays but I do have to say it is hard to believe that my baby is six today! The time has gone by so quickly...

1 comment:

Hedlund Family said...

Oh man... I can't believe she is six either! Time just goes too fast!