Sunday, June 29, 2008

Taiwan

As most of you know Bill left for Taiwan yesterday morning, Saturday June 28th. We thought we were prepared to say good-bye but I guess you are never as ready as you think. So after a tearfull hug at 6:00 in the morning it was good-bye for three weeks. When I got to church this morning they had gotten a phone call that the team had arrived safely in Taiwan, it was about 9 o'clock our time, 10 o'clock at night Taiwan time (there is a 13 hour difference). So it is good hear that he there and safe. Please continue to pray that all goes smoothly and they would fell the presence of God throughout the trip. Jennifer and I leave on Tuesday to go to Flordia with Bill's mom. We will be gone for ten days. I am looking forward to a few days away of keeping busy while Bill is away. Hopefully I will hear from Bill a few times while he is gone so when I hear information I will be sure to keep everyone updated. Thanks for praying for our family during the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about Bill's trip. I am so thankful you & Jennifer can get away with Grandma. I work at Skiff Medical Center Laboratory in Newton. I first met your Mom, Becky Hedlund at the Marshalltown Hospital about 20 years ago. Becky hired me & I worked there for about 6 months but decide a commute was not for me so got on at Newton 10 minutes from our home. The amazing thing is God has seen fit that Becky & I continue to cross pathes. Not only did we work together in Marshalltown, now Becky is our Dade rep. for our chemistry analyzer, we both attended the Anne Graham Lotz revival in DSM & in the midst of all those ladies Becky & I were able to see each other if only for a moment. My husband, Jim & I attend Community Heights Alliance Church in Newton. In fact Jim is the church's Business manager. Your Mom has shared many wonderful stories of your precious Jennifer & also your desire to serve the Lord in fulltime ministry. Jim & I know Andy & Ellen Stimbo. Andy worked at our church one summer & shared an office with my husband. In fact if you think of it ask Andy & Ellen about our trip to DSM one night for dinner & on the way home we met up with a deer on Interstate 80. Not good! Thank you for sharing, it warms my heart.