Tuesday, November 19, 2013

random pictures

So November is flying by, it is hard to believe that the holidays are quickly approaching. I do have some pretty excited kids that Thanksgiving is coming. And we have already been talking about Christmas too. I was looking through some pictures the other day and thought I would share some randomness from our house lately.
Some nights before bed we play a game. On this particular night Jennifer wanted to play Old Maid. Now as everyone knows the whole objective of the game is not to get the Old Maid. Well Jennifer has decided that the object of the game should be quite the opposite- she wants to get and keep that Old Maid card. In an attempt to keep the card she decided that maybe she should turn it around so that Bill could not get the card. Little did she realize that by turning it around, he could see the card. Oh the laughter over this! 
 Our Kelly girl is growing so much. I will fully admit that we comment several times a day on how cute she is. She is at a fun stage where she is making noise, she can be quite loud at times and smiling all the time. She is so much fun!
 A few Saturdays ago I was putting laundry away in the girls' room. I began to think that Mikayla was being pretty quiet- Jennifer and Kelly were with me so I wasn't too worried. This is where I found her. She had gotten the bowl of seasoned crackers off the counter and set up a little "picnic" and was just eating away. It was a sweet picture.
This has been one of more favorite things to see lately. Over the past months Mikayla's love for Kelly has grown so much, it is sweet to watch. When Kelly was born and we first brought her home, Mikayla could give or take her sister. She liked her but didn't really care to hold her, lay beside her or talk to her. Now Mikayla spends lots of time with Kelly. Mikayla gets excited to see Kelly in the morning, she talks to her, brings her toys and will just be beside her for long periods of time. One of my favorite things is when Mikayla looks at Kelly and says, "Hey, girl!", in the sweetest voice. We often call Kelly, baby girl or Kelly girl, which is where Mikayla is getting girl, very sweet to this mom.
 I just took this picture last week. I wish they all were smiling but that is difficult task with three kids. I do love this picture though. Jennifer is "closing" her eyes for some reason. Mikayla just looks sweet with her head on Jen's shoulder and Kelly is happily smiling. What joy these three girls bring to my heart!


No comments: