Tuesday, July 9, 2013

sleeping sisters

Every night when I get ready for bed part of my routine is checking on the big girls. I just like to make sure they are snug in their beds and lets face it there is just something sweet about sleeping kids. So Sunday night Bill and I had gotten Kelly all hooked up to her feeding tube and tucked into bed and then I went in to check on Jennifer and Mikayla. I walked in and looked in Jennifer's bed first. This is what I found...
An empty bed! I must admit, as silly as it sounds, I panicked for brief moment. She wasn't in her bed or on the floor. Where could she be? Well I knew she couldn't have gone far because we hadn't seen or heard her leave her room.
 In my brief moment of panic I looked over at Mikayla's bed to see this...
Jennifer had been out of her bed several times after bed time and the last time she came out and I had put her back in her bed Mikayla was fast asleep. So I'm not sure why or when Jennifer decided to climb into bed with her sister but she did. I'm sure Jennifer had to shove Mikayla over to get into with her! (You may be wondering why Mikayla is in the bigger of the two beds. Jennifer decided a few weeks ago that the girls should switch beds, Mikayla was game for it so they have swapped, silly yes, but it is what they wanted so we went with it.)
 I must admit it kind of melted my heart. Bill was going to move Jennifer back to her bed but decided against at the last minute. They both seemed comfortable so there was no need to disrupt their sleep.
I'm sure someday this sweet face will be right there with them...
Good night and sweet dreams to all my girls...

No comments: