Monday, April 23, 2012

kite rider

As we played outside Friday after school Jennifer had a great idea. She combined two of the things she has been loving lately. Riding her bike with flying her kite. It sounds crazy, I know but for a short time it worked. Jennifer had been riding her bike and then decided to fly her kite for a while. In the middle of flying her kite she wrapped the string around her bike handle bars and away she went! Out of the blue, with no promoting from us, it was rather funny. The first time it worked and worked well, of course after I got my camera, it didn't work as well.

Hard to see but if you look above the mail box you can ever so slightly see the kite flying behind Jennifer and her bike. Jennifer became known as "Kite Rider" for the rest of the day.

After some trouble Jennifer needed her dad for a little help. The two worked hard but eventually the kite sting broke and that was the end of that made-up crazy activity. What a great dad too, running behind Jennifer holding up the kite!
All the while Mikayla was just hanging out watching the craziness that is her sister and dad. She was hamming it up for me though. She does make me smile!
Hard to see but this is a sweet picture to me. Mikayla holding onto her daddy's hand walking across the street. I must admit I love to watch Kayla walk.
After kite rider hung up her wheels and string Mikayla needed to get a little swinging in.
There is never a dull moment with these three around! Love them all!

1 comment:

Hedlund Family said...

Love all the pictures! Tell Jen that Conner had the same idea this weekend.. he tied his kite to the back of his car and away he went!!! Great minds think alike, I guess!