Saturday, February 4, 2012

beautiful nails

This past week my grandma turned 80. So to celebrate my mom, aunt and I took my grandma on a little outing. My grandma had never had a manicure or pedicure so we decided that it was time for her to have them both. Of course if we were taking her, we were all getting them as well! Today when I got home Jennifer noticed my painted fingernails and she thought they were beautiful. I then showed her my toenails and she thought they were great too. She then asked if I would do her nails. It really was very sweet, she has never, ever wanted me to paint her nails before. I have tried and she has refused, today in all her sweetness she wanted to look like me! So we found some polish and painted her nails. She sat still while I did her toes and hands and she loved it!
We started off with the toes, she is trying to show dad the foot that is already done.
She was excited the whole time, talking none stop. It was really sweet.
Of course Mikayla can't be left out of much these days. She noticed right away that Jennifer was about to do something fun so she was not about to miss out on this action. So she got her nails done too. She was excited too but I think her excitement was more because she was getting to do what her sister was doing.
Bill was trying hard to get a "smile" out of Jennifer of course that was not about to happen.
After the toes were done it was onto the fingers.
Not sure if Mikayla was trying to help out or just trying to give me a hug at this point.
Aren't they beautiful?!
Finally, a good smile! She was so happy with her painted nails.
Once again Mikayla needed in on the action.
Trying to show her fingernails to dad, she just didn't get her hands turned the right way! She too was very excited to have painted nails!